If you’re fed up with all those noisy planes taking off and landing at George Best Belfast City Airport, be warned – things will get much worse if the airport’s current noise proposals get the go ahead. If they’re implemented, there will be a massive increase in the permissible levels of aircraft noise, The airport itself says that up to 46,000 people and up to 21 schools could be affected.
BELFAST CITY AIRPORT WATCH is an umbrella residents’ group fighting for robust and properly enforced controls on aircraft noise. Please support our work and help us to campaign effectively on your behalf.
The Environment Minister has said he’s going to hold an inquiry on the noise issue. We hope this will result in tougher noise regulation, but we’ll need your help to achieve this – so please sign up to support Belfast City Airport Watch and to be kept in touch with all the latest developments.
So what can I do?
Sign up as a supporter of BCAW and your money (if you can donate) and support will help us to make the best possible case on behalf of the residents.
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you’re at last able to take constructive action to stop City Airport getting any noisier
- We’ll keep you up-to-date with our campaigns
What else can I do?
- E-mail or write to your local MP, MLAs and/or councillors
- Ask your politicians what they’re doing to help ensure City Airport doesn’t get any noisier
- E-mail or write to your local papers and let them know about the problems aircraft noise causes you
- Give up a few hours of your time each month to help us with BCAW’s work
How is BCAW set up?
Belfast City Airport Watch Ltd is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. All funds raised by BCAW Ltd will go towards our campaign.